Friday, May 11, 2012

About Jairica Stepford

 Hi there!
I am Jairica Stepford. I am currently 25 and loving it! I am married to the most wonderful man on Earth, Shannon. I also have the world's sweetest stepson, Ethan, who is 11 years old.



We are all animal lovers  (Shannon and I met while working at a veterinary clinic!) so of course we have pets; two water turtles (Pond Lilly and Priscilla), and our cat Drusilla.


I studied architecture and design in school, but with the housing economy the way it is in Ohio, I have branched out a bit. I grew up around the Columbus area mostly, but early this year Shannon and I moved further north to be closer to his son. Not wanting to be completely removed from my old friends (and rather tired of facebook) I decided blogging would be a fun way to stay connected. I ran the idea by my closest friends (Sara and Stephanie) who agreed to join in and voilĂ ! the Stepford Sisters were born!

Favorite Authors: Robert Jordan, Orson Scott Card, Harlan Ellison, CS Friedman, Emily Post, Jane Austen, Roger Zelazney, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Dave Eggers, Richard Adams, Tolkien, Edger Allen Poe, CS Lewis, Neil Gaiman, and L.M. Montgomery (Emily New Moon series, not Anne of Green Gables).

Favorite Bands/Singer Songwriters: Guided by Voices, Jonathan Richman, Vic Chesnutt, Weezer, The Killers, The Temptations, Watershed, Boston (especially in the morning), Ingrid Michaelson, Bright Eyes, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, the Beach Boys, Leonard Cohen, the Archies, the Afghan Whigs (I love Greg Duli's voice), the Ronettes, CCR, MGMT, Blink 182, Aqua, HUM, Elliot Smith, the Talking Heads, and the Flaming Lips.

Favorite Movies: the Blues Brothers, the Royal Tenenbaums, Wit, the Princess Bride, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Let the Right One In, Bottle Rocket, Suspiria, Funny Games, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Sting, Stardust, Airplane!, Serenity, Night Watch and Day Watch, Capitalism: A Love Story, Sicko, Hot Fuzz, An Ideal Husband, Scavenger Hunt, No Country For Old Men, That Thing You Do, Walk Hard (the Dewey Cox Story), 12 Angry Men, Adventures in Babysitting, and the Importance of Being Ernest.

Specialties: Gardening, Cleaning, Cooking...you know...all the basic Stepford Wife stuff. I love crafting and will hopefully have more time for it eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...