Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Gifts From the Fifties

With Fathers Day coming up I have been thinking quite a bit about what to get dear old dad. This year is even more to plan for since it is the first year I feel responsible for two fathers. My own father is pretty tough to buy for since he genuinely wants nothing and now that I have a stepson I need to help him get something for Shannon who also genuinely wants nothing.

I thought it might be fun to look back on the different decades and see what other families were buying for their dads on fathers day. (Beginning with the fifties because I love the fifties.)

These "Komedy Kop" boxers are "just the ticket for father!" I would never buy these for my father, and it would be weird for me to suggest Ethan buy them for Shannon, but I would totally buy these for Shannon myself and give them to him on Fathers Day.

Since the clock radio was invented in the fifties it was very rare for a family to already have five of them and therefore the perfect gift.


Unfortunately, my parents already have five of them and Shannon and I do not need anymore either.

This one is actually a good idea...but what is the dad doing with his hands? Was he playing the piano?

Or I could just give them a carton (or four) of cigarettes!


Except Shannon has asthma and enjoys breathing and my dad voted to ban smoking in public places. So as you can see....finding the perfect gifts....or even adequate gifts for these men isn't that easy.


I remember one year I mowed the lawn for dad. I don't want to do that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...