Saturday, June 2, 2012

If you like Pina Coladas...

Then you will love these Pina Colada Cupcakes!

I love cupcakes. I love eating them, I love baking them, I love decorating them, I love just looking at them. I even have a cupcake tattoo on my wrist! (Thanks to my favorite tattoo artist Lalena Hays)


So, it might not surprise you that my favorite blog (besides stepford-sisters) is Cupcake Project. As you may have read in my last post, I recently made some homemade baker's coconut. So I was searching for the perfect thing to use it in, and I found an awesome recipe on Cupcake Project which I adapted slightly, because I always have to put my own spin on things.

Yield: about 18 cupcakes

  • 1/3 cup rum
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup pureed pineapple
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 large eggs, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup shredded baker's coconut
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained

Directions 
 


  1. In a small bowl, combine rum,  milk, pineapple puree, and vanilla. Set aside.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  
  4. Add eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  5. Alternately add the flour mixture and the rum mixture, beating well after each addition.
  6. Fold in the coconut and pineapple.
  7. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.  
  8. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.

Vanilla-Rum Frosting:

Enough for 2 dozen cupcakes iced with a spatula, or one dozen piped.

1/2 lb powdered sugar
3/4 stick softened butter
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon spiced rum

Bon App├ętit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...