Then you will love these Pina Colada Cupcakes!
I love cupcakes. I love eating them, I love baking them, I love decorating them, I love just looking at them. I even have a cupcake tattoo on my wrist! (Thanks to my favorite tattoo artist Lalena Hays)
So, it might not surprise you that my favorite blog (besides stepford-sisters) is Cupcake Project. As you may have read in my last post, I recently made some homemade baker's coconut. So I was searching for the perfect thing to use it in, and I found an awesome recipe on Cupcake Project which I adapted slightly, because I always have to put my own spin on things.
Yield: about 18 cupcakes
- 1/3 cup rum
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pureed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded baker's coconut
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained