Friday, August 3, 2012

Tips on Tipping

I work at a diner. Some days I waitress, and some days I run carryout. Most of my money is made from tips. My husband recently confessed to me that he did not know he was supposed to tip a carryout person. I was surprised since they do everything a waitress does except check on you while you are actually eating your meal (which is kind of the point of carryout). They take your order, they get all your condiments together, your drinks, your silverware...they package it all up for you in little containers in bags to make it easy to carry....why wouldn't you tip them? Then I remembered there was a time when I didn't know you were supposed to tip your hair dresser...someone had to tell me....so I decided to look up the rates for tipping and compile them here.

Dining Services

 

Barista: Spare change.
Cashier for take out Food: Up to 10% of your total bill.
Waitress: 15%-20% of your total bill.

Personal Services


Hairstylist/Colorist: 15% of total cost.
Personal Trainer: $50-$100 upon reaching a goal.
Car Wash attendant: $2 for a regular wash.
Dog Groomer: $5 to $15.
Valet: $2 to $5.
Massage Therapist: 10%-20% of the total cost.
Kids' Party Performer: 15%-20% of total fee.

Delivery


Food: 10%-15% of bill.
Furniture: $5 to $10 a person.
Person who carries groceries to your car: none.

Travel


Skycap: $1 to $2 a bag.
Hotel Maid Service: $2 to $5 a night.
Tour Guide: $1 to $5 a person.
Hotel Door Man: for opening the door: nothing, for hailing a cab: $1.
Emergency Roadside Assistance: $5 to $20 depending on service.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...