Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grandparents Day


Happy Grandparent's Day to all the grandparents out there! I know this is slightly a "Hallmark" holiday. But let's face it. When it comes to celebrating our grandparents, I'm guessing they will find it to be very special to them that you remember them on a day that isn't their birthday or a major holiday.

Any level of acknowledging this holiday will win you points with grandma or grandpa. It can be a phone call, a card, a visit, a small present or a big present. Don't forget handmade things or symbolic reminders of the past. I know my grandparents spend at least 50% of the phone calls and face time with me talking about how much they enjoyed me when I was younger.

At first I thought they were meaning they liked me better then, but as time has gone on, I realize they just want me to remember all the fun times we had. They also saw a lot more of me then and that was a time they knew me the best. With families, jobs, friends, and other things occupying our time away from grandparents they just enjoy holding on to the good times.


So, if you are fortunate enough to still have a grandparent around, appreciate them and do a little something special for them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...