- ½ cup popcorn
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large pot on the stove.
- After the oil is hot enough to add the kernels, add the entire 1/2 cup and pop.
- Once the popping slows, turn down the heat and carefully remove the lid to add the remaining coconut oil.
- Mix around and allow to melt and coat the popcorn and add your salt or other seasonings.
Pumpkin Curry Soup (all remaining recipes from freecoconutrecipes.com)
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 finely minced garlic cloves
- 3 1/2 cups puree pumpkin or winter squash
- 2 cups soup stock
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk*
- Salt or fish sauce, to taste
- Minced cilantro for garnish and flavor
- Heat the oil in a heavy soup pan, medium-low heat.
- Add the curry, ginger, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Stir for a couple of minutes while the seasonings roast and become fragrant. Do not walk away! They can burn in a flash and you will have to start over. Add the garlic and stir for a moment. Do not let the garlic brown. The flavor will overpower this delicate soup if you do.
- Pour the soup stock into the spice mixture and stir well. Loosen anything that may be sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Put the pumpkin puree in the blender and add the soup stock. It should just fit. Blend well.
- Warm the coconut milk in the soup pan and then add the blended pumpkin and soup stock. Salt with fish sauce or sea salt according to your own taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of finely minced cilantro on the top. The green of the cilantro sparkles against the orange hue of the soup. It also adds a subtle earthy quality.
Coconut Cream Sweet Potato Bake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs sweet potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter (to brush on top)
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- coconut oil, to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan with coconut oil.
- Place sweet potato and coconut cream concentrate into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium high speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons butter. Blend until well mixed.
- Spread sweet potato mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Brush mixture with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle on remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Coconut Carrot Cake
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, fresh ground if possible
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup whole organic sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup pecans - optional
- ¾ cup dried shredded coconut - optional
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 1 ½ cups warm liquid coconut oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, un-drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour into un-greased 9x13 inch baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese
- 4 ounces soft organic butter
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
Coconut Cream Icing
- ½ cup coconut cream concentrate
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup honey
Golden Raisin Icing
- 1 cup chopped golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped dates, soaked with raisins for 1 hour in orange juice, drained
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup honey
Pumpkin Pie (a gluten-free option)
- 15 oz pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk*
- 2 large eggs
- coconut flour pie crust (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare pie crust.
- Place pumpkin and spices into a small saucepan and heat gently over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Heat just until slightly warmed through.
- Place the eggs and sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and add pumpkin. Whisk to combine and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 35 - 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool completely and store in the refrigerator.
Gluten Free Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil, solid
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg white-beaten
- In a medium sized bowl cut the butter and coconut oil into the coconut flour until mixture resembles irregular pea sized clumps.
- Add remaining ingredients except egg white. Mix together with your hands until a soft dough has formed. Pat dough into a 9 inch pie pan.
- When you are done forming the crust, take the egg white and beat it with a fork until frothy.
- With a pastry brush, brush the crust with the egg white just before filling.