Friday, October 12, 2012

Oil Pulling

Until last week I had never heard of "oil pulling". At first I even misunderstood the reference to it and didn't think twice about it. Then, at my favorite store Trader Joe's, I saw a jar of coconut oil (which I will be posting about extensively next week!). The coconut oil was something I had heard about using for multiple things so I decided to purchase it and try a few. In my research "what to do with coconut oil", oil pulling came up. Since I had now heard about it twice in a week after never having heard about it I did some more research into what exactly it is.

Before you hear the details behind it, here is a photo of people who have done oil pulling. It should be motivation enough to keep reading...



Origins: Oil pulling has been a recorded practice since 1500 b.c. The practice of oil pulling was recorded in the Sanskrit texts, and the ailments that it was believed to cure were recorded and the results were seen as repeating for many.

What types of oil can be used (from ehow.com)
Although any edible oil can be used for the purpose of oil pulling, experts recommend sesame or sunflower oils with cold-pressed oils as first choice and refined oils as second

Ad imageAd image

How-To Pull: Method (from oilpulling.com):

In the morning, before breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and Dr Karach puts it as ' sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. If the oil is still yellow, it has not been pulled long enough. It is then spit from the mouth , the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and good old fingers to clean.

Clean the sink properly, you can use some antibacterial soap to clean the sink. Because the spittle contains harmful bacteria and toxic bodily waste. If one were to see one drop of this liquid magnified 600 times under a microscope, they would see microbes in their first stage of development.
It is important to understand that during the oil pulling / oil swishing process one's metabolism is intensified. This leads to improved health. One of the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.
The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach. 


 I have only done the pulling now twice using coconut oil and I honestly do think I can tell a difference. My teeth feel cleaner and I would swear I have a few spots of missing plaque! I am going to continue doing this, even if it is only once every day or two. I hope to see if it helps naturally whiten my teeth too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...