Any other pregnant Mommies having hip pain? I'm finding it nearly impossible to sleep on my sides because my hips are protesting, I have already started a waddle like walk! I've tried heat and ice and nothing works...I think it's probably the relaxin loosening me up for the big day, but still, it's annoying!
Here are some tips to help you with your hip pain:
- During the day, too much walking will make it worse. I would suggest staying off your feet if you can, but when you can't try wearing a belly support belt when you have to be on your feet a lot.
- Ease your aching hips by using your body pillow to elevate your leg when you sleep.
- Try sleeping in a recliner so you are on your back instead of your side.
- Use an exercise ball to stretch the hips, as well as any other trunk or thigh exercises to strengthen those support muscles.
- Try water aerobics to exercise but still stay off your feet.
- Remember the pain should go away after you give birth and soon it will be just a distant memory.