Friday, November 9, 2012

Quick Facts: cleaning your shower curtain liner

Just because your plastic shower curtain or liner gets dirty or mildewed doesn’t mean you have to throw it away...and luckily, I just found out the absolute easiest way to clean your shower curtain liner. This gets rid of soap scum, hard water stains, and mildew. The best part is that there is no scrubbing involved!

All you do is throw it in the washing machine with either baking soda, bleach, or vinegar!

Baking Soda


As I have mentioned before in my previous post, baking soda is wonderful!

Try cleaning your liner in your washing machine with two bath towels on the gentle setting. Add 1/2 cup baking soda to your detergent during the wash cycle and 1/2 cup vinegar during the rinse cycle. Let it drip-dry; don’t put it in the dryer.

Bleach


Get mold and mildew off your shower curtains. Wash them — along with a couple of bath towels (to prevent the plastic curtains from crinkling) — in warm water with 1/2 cup chlorine bleach and 1/4 cup laundry detergent. Let the washer run for a couple of minutes before loading. Put the shower curtain and towels in the dryer on the lowest temperature setting for 10 minutes, then immediately hang-dry.

Vinegar


 Clean those ugly mildew stains off your plastic shower curtain by putting it and a couple of soiled towels in your washing machine. Add 1/2 cup laundry detergent and 1/2 cup baking soda to the load, and wash it in warm water on your machine’s regular cycle. Add 1 cup white vinegar to the first rinse. Before the machine goes into the spin cycle, remove the curtain and let it hang-dry.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    best shower soap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help and thanks for the bath salt/soap website share. Cool stuff!

      Delete
  2. Well, in my opinion, home remedies are good but they cannot give cleaning like professional cleaners. Professional cleaners clean the curtains in a unique way without destroying the material of curtain.
    On Site Drapery Cleaners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post was about shower curtain liners, not drapes or even shower curtains themselves...most people I know try to scrub their liners, but end up throwing them out eventually because scrubbing doesn't keep up with the build up. The tips listed in the post don't damage the liner and work great for me. I have never heard of taking your shower curtain liner to the cleaners for a professional cleaning since they are only like $10 and um...plastic....I get wanting to promote your business, but you should really do it on more appropriate posts.

      Delete
  3. You are posting very nice post. The advice provided on this blog is actual important for us.Keep sharing in future.

    Dry Mattress Cleaning | Curtain Cleaning Service

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often heard that vinegar is an effective cleaning agent. but one thing i need to know, is there any side effect of vinegar on my bathroom curtain? I'll appreciate the response.
    A part from:
    http://london-carpet-cleaning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I had no idea that I can clean my shower curtain with vinegar! I will try this method for sure! Thank you a lot! Charing Cross Carpet Cleaners Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post it is. I really thankfull to you for kind of post.
    Rugs Cleaning Service | Rugs Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am a little ashamed but usually I keep my shower curtain till it cannot be cleaned at all and I just buy another one. I just had no idea how to clean a shower curtain. Thanks for the interesting idea! I will definitely try this and I will save a lot of money if it works!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...