- If you want to stay healthy you have to get enough sleep, plain and simple. While you sleep, you body is working hard to regenerate and restore your body, healing from the damage done during the day. Sleeping between 7-9 hours each night helps amp up your white blood cell count-- your body's natural immune system defenders, helping to keep you healthy this sick season.
- A daily dose of vitamin C helps boost your immune system.
- Kissing can help you fight off colds and flu! By exchanging bacteria back and forth, you are actually enhancing your body's natural defenses and boosting your immune system. But that's not to say you should go out and give a big smooch to any sick person around you...
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Research has revealed that a brisk walk 45 minute walk, four or more days a week can improve your immune system and minimize sick days. But don't run! Overexerting yourself (particularly if you're already feeling slightly under the weather) can do you in and send you straight to bed.
- A healthy acid/alkaline balance preserves optimum health and well-being, increased immune function and weight loss. To up your alkaline, insert a few of these basic alkaline foods into your diet: fruits, vegetables, sea vegetables, grains, tofu, spices, sprouted beans and nuts, and dairy foods.
Have a happy healthy holiday season!