Sunday, January 6, 2013

Graduation Celebration

Today is a day I have been waiting for through a time that seems like a million years. I get to walk across the stage to receive my Master degree in Business Administration.

I always knew that I would pursue my education beyond a Bachelor degree, so it is not a complete shock that I have come this far. The shock though, is how I will walk away feeling about the entire thing!

I feel like everything was so easy, it really did happen very quickly. I walk away from the entire college experience not necessarily feeling smarter about the subjects of my studies, but I feel like I just have a better view and understanding of the world and people-with an emphasis on people!

My general feeling is that anyone can go to college, you don't have to be the smartest person in the world-but you do have apply yourself. If you can apply yourself and try, I have faith in people. The trick is actually doing assigned readings and practice problems, and completing homework. Oh yeah, study for tests too! I didn't have many tests, mostly papers, but studying was still important.

So, I want to take this time to be thankful for the opportunity to have gone to college (and finished). I want to encourage other adults who have considered college but just felt like it wasn't the right time or that they couldn't afford it. There are so many programs for working students and evening courses. They are making going to college fit for almost every lifestyle, including attending online.

Paying for college is a consideration, but is a dwindling issue for many because there are many scholarships and loans available for adults returning back to school. Plus, if you are able to get a better job at the end of it, your degree will pay for itself soon. The tricky part is 1. believing in yourself and 2. taking time out of your current life schedule to add class time, study time, and homework time.

Good luck to all of you out there who are going back and forth on the idea....my vote is to go for it! Even if you only take a few courses and decide it isn't for you or you can't fit it in your schedule, at least you won't look back some day and wonder "what if".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...