Saturday, March 9, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Menu

I love themes. Preparing a meal around a theme actually gets me more excited about cooking even though it is more work. When everything flows perfectly and looks cute the work becomes fun. So here are my meal plan ideas for St. Patrick's Day!


This is such a cute idea for a garnish. Take a paper hole punch and stamp out some spinach in a clover shape. It would be a good idea for a salad or deviled egg topper.




 You could also use some edible clover in a salad and skip the hole punching!


I think for the main course I will probably do shepherd's pie since it is my favorite Irish dish.

Some other great authentic Irish dishes are: Corned beef and cabbage, Roasted lamb, Gammon (Ham) Steaks with Whiskey Sauce, Beef Goulash, and scotch eggs.


I think I would like to try my hand at some potato bread and baked parsnips to serve with the meal.


If you are more interested in a green themed meal than an authentic Irish one you should consider making this Pesto Mac and Cheese!


Wash it all down with a refreshing drink of Green Gulp!  

 
For dessert (ah dessert!) there is no better choice (for me anyway) than these Shamrock cupcakes! Design by: Recipe by Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...