Sunday, April 21, 2013

Adding Fruits and Veggies to your Grilled Cheese

I love grilled cheese. Once, while visiting Stephanie Stepford while we were in High School, I ate four of them at her house. I have never done this again, but I enjoyed every bite that day and I was a skinny kid so it didn't catch up to me until after I turned 18.

While I limit myself to only one now, I do still love grilled cheese. Somehow though, it never occurred to me that it can be enhanced. There are so many great things you can add to a grilled cheese to boost its health benefits and have a little fun with it. Sure I switched to whole grains and started using real cheese instead of American, but there is so much more you can do!

One particularly creative example is shared in our post about the brie, dark chocolate, strawberry grilled cheeses the sisters all made together for lunch. Those were pretty out there testing the boundaries of grilled cheese, and were delicious!

You can add just about anything to a grilled cheese, these are some of the suggestions that make me salivate just to think about.

Artichoke, Spinach, Asparagus, Corn, Green Onions, Avocado, Bacon, Pesto, Portabella Mushrooms, Wine, Tomato, Lobster, and Grilled Chicken.

I also found some pretty cool recipes for some other interesting grilled cheese ideas.

French Onion Soup 



Jalapeno Popper



Mac and Cheese



Hawaiian Pizza



Loaded Nacho



Pear and Gouda


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...