Monday, April 22, 2013

Hocking Hills, Ohio = Hidden Joys! Get out there and celebrate Earth Day!

We took a trip to the Hocking Hills region of Ohio early this April and had a great time. There are many areas that everyone knows of there-but I really find joy in the more hidden places. My absolute favorite spot of the entire area is on the 1/2 mile hike to Rose Lake. There is a part in the forest that changes completely what type of trees are growing. It is a small section relative to the area, but it changes to more coniferous trees and the smell of pine needles on the ground is just serene and so peaceful.


Our trip included my four favorite people and my two favorite dogs: here are some of my favorite photos from the trip! And no, they don't do the area any justice.


My two mini dachshund's wanted to run the entire way including uphill on the way back. All the fresh air and sun shine made for a sleepy drive home!


 I love that my step-daughters are able to have fun and be happy with the dogs!



 My favorite view of the day: watching the entire family with dogs walking along at their own pace enjoying the entire experience :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...