Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring/Summer Strawberry Desserts!

I was bored and wanting a little snack the other day so I thought I would share what I came up with! Since Strawberries are in season right now, they are pretty cheap and I often buy and freeze a bunch of them around this time of year. I like to make things with them "fresh" too, which is what I decided to do with these!




These little cookie sandwiches are super good! I made the whipped cream myself, but you can use store bought for an even quicker snack.

All you do is slice some strawberries, put a dab of whipped cream on a vanilla waffer, place a strawberry slice on top of that, then cover with more whipped cream and another vanilla waffer.



Then I stored them in the fridge to let the cookies soak up the whipped cream and soften a little. They were like mini strawberry shortcakes! Sooo good!


Since I already had all the ingredients out I decided to make "Fluff" as well. I pureed some of my strawberries and mixed them in with the whipped cream and threw in some Greek yogurt for a little kick. I didn't measure anything, I just threw it all together, but when my nutritionist gave me the recipe she suggested: 2 cups of strawberries, 1 cup of yogurt, and a whole container of cool whip, which makes about 8 servings. I try to keep a similar ratio when I make it. Then I crumbled up some more vanilla waffers and stirred them in. I let the whole thing chill in the freezer for about an hour and then ate it like icecream. (Not ALL of it of course!)


If you want to make "Fluff" at home I will warn you that it can be tricky to store it for long periods at the right temperature. My freezer freezes it rock solid if I leave it in there too long, but my fridge is too warm and the yogurt starts to separate (the way yogurt does). So I usually leave it in the freezer and then get it out an hour or two ahead of time and let it thaw a little before eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...