Thursday, May 9, 2013

What to Wear for your 1st Day at a New Job

I am very much hoping to have a new job starting very soon. The job will be in a multi floored  office building. The job would entail communication with others through email and phones, very little in person. But-this new opportunity has me thinking about what I should wear to my first day on the job.



Now let me clarify from the beginning, life is not all about vanity and I don't measure my self-worth based upon such things. Here is a video that recently had a lot of publicity about the way women view themselves compared to what other people thought, we are certainly too hard on ourselves!

                                                        Real Beauty Sketches



However, I do think that dressing nicely can reflect a confidence and pride in one's self.

So, my motto going forward is that I want to dress for the job I want-not necessarily the job I have. It will be completely acceptable to wear jeans to work based off the people in positions higher than mine that I met during interviews. They did all have nicer tops, jewelry, and a professional hair and make-up done.

I feel that I want to project an image of myself that I can carry myself well in front of others (or for a future position in front of clients and customers). I also do not want to project the idea that I think I am better than others. So, I think that my goal is going to be that I will wear a nice pair of jeans with my typical work week tops on Fridays! This will show I'm a normal person too!




Always be comfortable in who you are, but don't be afraid to aim for the stars and never limit what you think you are capable of!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...