Fat Free Oatmeal Cookies
Blend in blender until creamy:
- 1.5 bananas
- 1/2 c. fat free, no sugar added, natural applesauce
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (or honey or brown rice syrup)
- 1 scant cup of Whole wheat flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- (preheat oven 350)
- mix dry and wet. Stir in 3/4 c. oatmeal (the regular cereal type)
- stir in 2 tbsp raisins or whatever else you want (optional but delicious, I have used all kinds of dried fruits, pomegranate and cranberry is my husband's favorite. I also have used dark chocolate chips and almonds which is my favorite.)
- Drop by generous spoonfuls onto cooking-sprayed cookie sheet (or one covered with aluminum foil).
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 min or until just browning. (without the oil they take longer to bake than you think!... check them though after 15 min to see how they are doing)
Fat Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 2 1/4 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup applesauce
• 1/4 cup raw sugar
• 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
• 4 egg whites
• 1 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
• 2 cups chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate since reg chocolate has very little of the benefits and all of the ummm non-benefits lol)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, apple sauce, pudding mix, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
4. Mix until well blended.
5. Add egg whites and mix well.
6. Beat in the flour mixture.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
8. Drop by rounded teaspoonful and bake 12-14 minutes.
Carrot Raisin Cookies
from the "Secrets of Fat Free Baking" book by Sandra Woodruff, RD.
Yield 32 Cookies
Fat: 0.3 grams
Protein: 1.2 grams
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 27 mg
Fiber: 1.2 gram
Calcium: 6 mg
Potassium: 64 mg
Iron: 0.4 mg
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup prune butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
1. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon, and stir to mix well.
Add the Prune Butter, honey, and carrots, and stir to mix well. Stir in the
2. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Roll the dough into 1
inch balls, and place 1-1/2 inches apart on the sheet. (If the dough is too
sticky to handle, place it in the freezer for a few minutes.) Using the
bottom of a glass dipped in sugar, flatten the cookies to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Bake at 275 degrees for about 18 minutes, (275 is correct), or until
golden brown. Cool the cookies on the pan for 1 minute. Then transfer the
cookies to wire racks, and cool completely. Serve immediately, or transfer
to an airtight container and arrange in single layers separated by sheets of