No need to panic, I am sure most of you are frantically searching the Internet for last minute ideas and ways to save time for tomorrow.
If this is you we can help (but you probably should have planned ahead silly!). We know there are last minute changes and last minute plans. I have thrown Thanksgiving with two days notice before when traveling and work schedules changed.
Quick Tips for your meal-
You are going to need:
(1) meat-NOT a frozen turkey, you won't have time to thaw it safely!!!
(2) vegetable sides (green beans, Brussels sprouts, carrots, peas, corn, roasted potatoes, etc.)
(3) hearty sides (potato casseroles, corn pudding, stuffing, etc.)
(4) salad (lettuce salads, macaroni salads, fruit salads, etc.)
(5) bread (rolls, biscuits, corn bread, crescent rolls, bakery loafs, etc.)
(6) dessert (pumpkin/apple pies, cookies, cake, pumpkin rolls, etc.)
(7) *an obligatory can of cranberry jelly
This is a quick list just to help you keep a running list of what you have. Obviously nothing is set in stone, but if you are hustling through the grocery store with hundreds of other people it can be hard to think about what you want to make.
Just remember, the holiday is about spending time with family and/or friends and being thankful for what we have. Don't worry about your meal being the perfect representation of what the movies portray-do it with your heart and it will be perfect!
If all else fails, have fun watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!
Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. Love all your Stepford Sisters!