Monday, November 18, 2013

Time to Get Healthy

My Story

I weighed 100-120 lbs during my 4 years of High School. I looked thin without even trying. I ate what I wanted for the most part. I didn't exercise much except when I got a stress rash because things started to get crazy Junior Year I had to work out 10-20 min a day to relieve the stress. My parents thought this was healthier than staying on medication for it. It worked, so I guess they were right.

After graduation I got a job at DQ. Fried food and all the icecream I could eat meant I didn't eat much that wasn't full of fat. I worked there for almost two years and in that time gained 30 lbs. I was dating the king of frozen dinners at the time and even after I quit DQ we didn't eat healthy food. I gained another 10 lbs. 40 lbs in 2 years and I didn't even notice until people started asking me if I was pregnant.

Once I did notice I did what everyone thinks is the best thing to do. I stopped eating. When I was starving I ate veggies, but that is about it. Then I would relapse and eat the fattening foods I gave up. I tried low carb/high protein diets and gained another 10 lbs, even though I was following the diet and working out. Depressed, I gave up and that added another 10lbs. I weighed 180 lbs. I was upset about it, missed my old clothes, but grudgingly accepted that I wasn't going to lose the weight. I didn't cry about it or try to starve myself anymore. I kept working out, but ate what I wanted.

Then my aunt came in from Oregon. She had lost 50 lbs in 5 months. It was amazing. I had heard she lost weight, but I hadn't had any idea how much. I was so shocked for awhile all I could do was stare. I think I told her it was "weird". I didn't mean it as an insult, but it was something my mind couldn't comprehend and that was all I could think to say.

After it wore off a bit and I let it sink in I decided if it was possible for her, it was possible for me.

I emailed my aunt who had lost her weight and she managed to explain to me what I should be eating, why, and how and why my body was reacting to food without being too long or too technical. She also sent me Bodyfueling, the book with all the answers. With her help and the information in this book I lost 30 lbs (which I am almost positive is pounds of fat). Unfortunately, Marrying a man who loves whole milk, red meat, and butter surrounded me with too many temptations and I gained it all back. Now that I have given birth to my fist child I have a new found desire to take care of my body for his sake and so am starting over. I want to share my journey with you! My next post will be a summery of the information I have gleaned from BodyFueling with recipes and updates to (hopefully) follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...