Monday, January 20, 2014

Corn Souffle

Around the holidays I was looking for an easy dish that I could make in my crock pot so that I could have it ready right after work and head to my holiday party. I found a very simple and absolutely delicious recipe, corn souffle!

Almost all of the ingredients, minus the sour cream and cheddar cheese will keep in your pantry for a long time.


What you need:
two cans of golden whole kernel corn
two cans of creamed corn
two boxes of jiffy cornbread mix
two sticks of butter
16 oz. of sour cream
two cups of shredded cheddar cheese*

*If you like a little kick, try using some hot (fire alarm) cheddar cheese in the dish as you mix the ingredientrs before it is baked.

Mix all together and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. The time seems to vary each time I make it.

You want the corn bread to be cooked and not still uncooked batter. The dish itself is going to be very moist and not solid like cornbread though.


This is a great side dish with many meats and warms back up very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...