Monday, January 13, 2014

Quick and Easy Lasagna

I have learned through many mornings of rushed meal planning, and even more rushed evenings that boiling noodles for lasagna takes time and can seemingly take much longer to get dinner done. I saw no-boil noodles in the store and tried them. They worked just fine and saved a lot of time.

The next time I made lasagna I thought I had this type of noodle left over. I browned my ground beef and started to layer my lasagna. At this point, I was surprised with regular noodles that are supposed to be boiled first. I was in a hurry and decided to try my luck without boiling them.

My method of making lasagna is quite easy. I put a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of my pan, the lay a layer of noodles followed by a layer of my filing and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. I repeat this until my pan in full. The only time I use plain pasta sauce is against the bottom of the pan. For the rest of the layers the sauce is mixed in with the filling.
 
What you need:one box of lasagna noodles, one-two pounds of cooked ground beef, two jars of pasta sauce, one large container of either ricotta or cottage cheese, two to three cups of shredded mozzarella, Italian seasoning. To make the filling mix cooked ground beef, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning to taste, and ricotta or cottage cheese. By making this filling you can cut back the number of ingredients that you have to layer and spread. Cook in the oven at 350degrees for around 50 minutes. You can turn the temperature down if it looks like it is browning or drying out around the top. Let is rest for ten minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...