Sunday, January 26, 2014

Quick Juicing Recipe

I typically use my juicer for two (not just myself). But during the winter I like to have fruits more than any other time of the year for a few reasons: vitamin C to help boost my immune system and fruit makes me feel like it is summer.

There are all kinds of juicing (from mostly all vegetable all the way to fruit juice). My most recent favorite was just a collection of fruits I already had in the kitchen that turned out well.

What you need:
1 large grapefruit (no rind)
1/3 pineapple (outter skin cut off)
1 pear
2 apples
2 oranges (no rind)

Get all of these preped and cut down enough to fit in the juicer shoot. I typically do my apple and pear first, followed by pineapple, ending with grapefruit and orange. My purpose is that I adjust the speed (highest speeds first, then decreasing with softness of food). Plus, the juicier fruits last help push out any juice the previous fruits had that just didn't make it all the way to the juice pitcher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...